Sunday, May 17, 2015

The one where Emily mistakes a dog as a lion

Five hour layover in DFW, easy; after a 2 hour detour to Chilies. $30 later, I was okay with my last meal. 3 hour flight, I was even okay with this! I fell asleep instantly but forgot my jacket in my checked bag, so the lovely missionary next to me gave me her jacket. Well, not gave but forced. She knew I would never ask so in my sleep she draped her jacket over my shaking freezing cold body. Like seriously why are airplanes so cold?..

All of the above is normal standard procedure, however, the hour waiting at BZE(the airport) and the THREE hour bus ride to Dangriga, was NOT standard. Its hot. Like reallllly hot. 87 with 100% humidity. Lovely. Customs was a breeze, but the hour wait for our sanes airconditioning big yellow school bus made the journey an eternity. We were all distracted from our demise by the absolutely breathtaking views of Belize. It's actually so incredibly beautiful that me and my roomate stared in awe sometimes.  I think Belize gets underplayed for their jungles and rainforests, the pictures I took don't even do it justice.

FINALLY..3.5 hours later... We get to our hotel! The ocean is about 100 yards in front of us and the air is salty and humid. But I wadnt expecting the area to be so well( developed. Compared to other towns we drove through, Dangriga is a lot nicer. However, never in a million years would you see anything from Belize in America. So "nicer" is a relative term for my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment